It’s a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I completely understand. So, you want new counter tops. You see some great DIY jobs…but you want to know just how well these amateur jobs actually hold up to real life. I’m certainly no expert. Not even close. But one doesn’t need to be an expert to know that pink counter tops need to go. ASAP. One red pickup truck load of lumber fixed my problems just nicely…and it was fairly easy on the wallet, which sure doesn’t hurt either. There’s plenty of real life going on this house, I assure you. There’s play dough pies and and dropped plates and sticky messes and the odd construction job all happening on these wonderful wood counters. They have all the frequent opportunities to meet disaster that any other part of my house has…and they have survived exceptionally well. To be fair and honest. They … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- How to paint without using painter’s tape So, you've got a wall to paint. Would you like ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
- My Vending Machine is Broken September 22, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates