There are no magazine worthy Christmas trees around this house. We usually find the largest live tree we can stuff under the roof, and then bedeck it with every ornament imaginable. Vintage, glitzy, rustic, modern, handmade, large, small, any color you wish, it’s all welcome. Granted, if I had my wish it would be magazine worthy, but coordinating stockings on the mantle are about as close as I’ll ever get to it. One certainly can’t say the thing lacks personality, it’s simply dripping with it. Handmade ornaments certainly don’t need to be elaborate. Take these wire star ornaments for instance. They are great little things to add to your own tree or to make for a gift. You need a block of wood, nails, wire, wire cutters and ribbon. Trace out a star pattern on the wood, any size you wish. Mine is about 4 inches. Tap a nail in … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- To my unborn baby (with a potentially fatal diagnosis) Dear baby Jed, First off, I should begin by explaining that ...
- Using a Paint Brush Extender I completely understand that it's Christmas...and I should be discussing ...
- Fall Sweater Refashion – Make a long sweater from a… I'm a total baby about two things. One, being cold. ...
- Thumbtack Pumpkin Art Do you know why jack-o-lanterns never quarrel? Because they have ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates