He’s home. My rolly polly six month old little guy with kidney failure and the really, really, loud set of lungs is home. This one. The one that should never have survived. I still can’t quite believe it. How did I get so blessed? Honestly though, I’m not really sure what day it is, and I’ve had at least fourteen cups of coffee already so here’s my random thoughts on the new, completely crazy, sorta fun, sorta terrifying new normal we’ve got going on around here. First you need to know that having two tubies around is insane. They’re beeping, trying to pull out tubes, throwing up, setting off alarms, you name it, all at the same time. Except for night time, then they take turns…because parents should not, under any circumstance, be allowed a full nights sleep. Real cute aren’t they. If you have multiple children, you know that … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- To my unborn baby (with a potentially fatal diagnosis) Dear baby Jed, First off, I should begin by explaining that ...
- Using a Paint Brush Extender I completely understand that it's Christmas...and I should be discussing ...
- Fall Sweater Refashion – Make a long sweater from a… I'm a total baby about two things. One, being cold. ...
- Thumbtack Pumpkin Art Do you know why jack-o-lanterns never quarrel? Because they have ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates