It was, by far, the longest August day ever recorded, the day our Christina rolled off to the operating room to get her tracheotomy tube and feeding tube placed. I had been dreading it for weeks, the weather was dismal, the plastic vinyl chairs were hard and squeaky, and the surgery more or less took several eternities. Or so it seemed. When the surgery team wheeled her back into her room, there was the usual post procedure hive of activity. People darting here and there, reconnecting monitors, getting vitals, passing off information to each other, someone’s face in front of mine telling me how great the whole show had gone. I’m sure we said the usual appropriate things. My first glimpse over someone’s shoulder of my newly improved child did not leave me feeling charmed. I was in fact, thoroughly and completely horrified to put it bluntly. Of course I … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- How to paint without using painter’s tape So, you've got a wall to paint. Would you like ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
- My Vending Machine is Broken September 22, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates