Doors are pretty average things in a house, and so are walls for that matter. Most of us analyze paint cards and paint samples with great attention, and think long and hard about paint colors for walls…why not for doors? I’m a big believer in making any ordinary “bone” of a house, as un-ordinary as humanly possible. If you’ve got to look at anyway, make it art! One really easy way to do this, is to not overlook the doors! I knew I was going for white walls and trim through the entire house. I wanted the doors to the main rooms (not closet doors) to break up all the white, and to contrast sharply, so I went for black painted doors. Here is a shot of the front hallway in my house before I painted it. Here is that same hallway after paint. (Please disregard the stairs, they are … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- When God doesn’t listen Today I am feeling grateful. Grateful for a working vehicle. ...
- Painting Interior Doors Black – Why I chose to do it Doors are pretty average things in a house, and so ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates