It’s the month of November which means “thanks” is all the fashion until we move on to more pressing matters of black Friday sales and Christmas wish lists. I was thinking what I wanted to say about thanks the other night while doing an arobic activity we do daily around here called, changing trach ties. My daughter has a trach (tube in her throat to help her breath) and it is held in place by a tight velcro strap around her neck. This strap has to be changed daily and the skin washed to prevent skin break down and infections. Simple enough. Except that she’s two, and two year olds all seem have a basic need be terrifyingly unmanageable at the most inopportune moments. It’s all four of her extremities thrashing wildly against my very logical suggestions that she hold still. Never mind I’m trying to hold a tube in … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- How to make wood bookends from salvaged materials I have a thing about books....like the actual paper page, ...
- Butterfly Spring Wreath A house's front door is the sort of the mouth ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates