My next painting project I plan to tackle is my staircase. It’s the first thing you see when you step through the front door, so I think it’s high time for it to receive some attention. Hmmm why yes, I am still in the middle of my guest room, and the living room still is unfinished with three pieces of furniture needing slip-covers, two pieces needing painting, and art needed for the wall…just never you mind about all that. We like to have big goals around here. I’ve had very specific plans for my staircase since the moment I laid eyes on it. Its narrow and dark, with a bit of a twist at the top…it’s quirky, creaky, and irregular…just my style. It’s my “story book” staircase. Our contractor told us the staircase would never pass current building codes, its too narrow and the stairs are too steep. I don’t … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- The little crates that could This is the very first project I did for this ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- Painting Interior Doors Black – Why I chose to do it Doors are pretty average things in a house, and so ...
- Dot to Dot Sewing – Little Girl’s Basic Shift… People tend to think sewing is hard. I would contend ...
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates