There are some projects that are just fun, and then there are some that are just necessary. I would place slip cover sewing into any category other than fun. Slip covering a chair that has curves, like a wing back chair, well, now we are talking a tedious test of patience like no other. Perhaps I exaggerate, but only ever so slightly. Next time I decide to invest in three enormously curvy pieces of furniture to slipcover, someone might recommend I try learning on, oh, a square box first. This is experiment number one. For this chair I chose a cream colored home decor weight fabric with a very light plaid print on it. I chose this because, for one, it was a cheap buy at my local salvage shop. And for two, I must have thought that slip covering would just be too boring if I actually picked a … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- Bathroom plans and inspiration If you walk up my freshly painted black and white ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- A Step in the Right Direction – The Great Staircase… The next time I open my big mouth and say ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates