News flash! Christmas is in 21 days! Yipes! This bit of exciting and alarming information has sent me scurrying frantically to unearth all the Christmas wonders stored in my attic. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a single thing fitting for our massively large mantle. The mantle is always a bit of a challenge, because it’s just so big! In a fit of inspiration, I dragged in multiple sized scraps boards from outside. Next, I rounded up some old wrapping paper and freezer paper. I wrapped the fronts of each board. I taped on a strip of ribbon, popped a bow on top, and called them done. My next problem was garland. I wanted pretty, rustic looking garland and all I had was plain jane cheap stuff. Not to worry! A quick puff of white spray paint at the tips, and a heavy sprinkling of pine cones from the yard produced just … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- How to Sew an Easy Yoga Style Waistband I have an old, over sized sweater with holes in ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates