There is a certain member of this family, who, for the duration of his almost two year old life, clearly has demonstrated a moral objection to predictability or monotony in any way. He was not expected to survive past birth, and he did. He should not have made it through his first year, and he did. He should not have made it through a recent four month stint home on hospice with liver cancer, and he did. I don’t know what choice one has with such a child except to let him have his own way, and try again to do what we know to do to help his little body become healthy(ish). I am completely grateful for, and deeply admire his tenacity, although I personally feel that he may have used his “youngest of the family rights to be dramatic” a little liberally. Do you suppose it is his … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- How to paint without using painter’s tape So, you've got a wall to paint. Would you like ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
- My Vending Machine is Broken September 22, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates