I have an old, over sized sweater with holes in the cuffs and a broken zipper that I curl up in almost every night, in my favorite chair with my book of choice. Do you know why I hang on to that unsightly piece of textile year after year? Because it’s comfortable. Comfort is a valuable consideration in all my clothing choices. I really don’t see the point of sacrificing my comfort for the sake of a piece of clothing. Which is my biggest argument for knowing how to sew. I can make what I want, how I want, out of whatever I want, to fit how I want it to fit. Today, I’m going to show you how to sew a very basic, very comfortable, yoga style knit waist band. You need some type of knit fabric, mine was a knit/spandex mix. You don’t need a pattern, but you do need to … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- Butterfly Spring Wreath A house's front door is the sort of the mouth ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates