There’s no funner way to experience Christmas than through the eyes of a child. Everything is exciting in their little eyes. I’ve been trying, unsuccessfully, to explain Christmas is only on one day…which is a very big concept apparently…because obviously, there’s a tree and stockings and people on the radio talking about Christmas, so it must be Christmas today. As much as I love to encourage the excitement and the anticipation of Christmas…there is one aspect of Christmas that I try very hard to discourage. That is the idea that Christmas is all about me getting lots of stuff. My kiddos are fairly little yet, but I’ve been brainstorming ways to help them understand Christmas for what it is. Here are some of the things I’ve come up with… 1. Find a plastic or wood nativity scene that they can play with as they wish. Set it under the tree and … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- Bathroom plans and inspiration If you walk up my freshly painted black and white ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- A Step in the Right Direction – The Great Staircase… The next time I open my big mouth and say ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates