Did you know a story doesn’t have to be written down in words? Things tell stories, pictures tell stories, styles tell stories, your house even tells a story to anyone who walks inside. I’m a random decorator, I’ll admit that with no question. I have every style from shabby chic, to farmhouse, to modern, to Victorian mixed all up in every room…but everything has one thing in common. It’s all telling a story…of past times, of classic tales, of good memories, of adventure, of history, of humor. A reader noticed in my kitchen remodel post the pictures that hang under my cabinets, and asked about them. They are prints of water color paintings of fishing villages in England. They are nothing but cork placements I found at a thrift store, and stuck on the wall with sticky strips. Certainly nothing fancy. Certainly not art. I don’t mind a bit really. … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- Bathroom plans and inspiration If you walk up my freshly painted black and white ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- A Step in the Right Direction – The Great Staircase… The next time I open my big mouth and say ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates