There are some projects that are just fun, and then there are some that are just necessary. I would place slip cover sewing into any category other than fun. Slip covering a chair that has curves, like a wing back chair, well, now we are talking a tedious test of patience like no other. Perhaps I exaggerate, but only ever so slightly. Next time I decide to invest in three enormously curvy pieces of furniture to slipcover, someone might recommend I try learning on, oh, a square box first. This is experiment number one. For this chair I chose a cream colored home decor weight fabric with a very light plaid print on it. I chose this because, for one, it was a cheap buy at my local salvage shop. And for two, I must have thought that slip covering would just be too boring if I actually picked a … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- Using a Paint Brush Extender I completely understand that it's Christmas...and I should be discussing ...
- How to Sew an Easy Yoga Style Waistband I have an old, over sized sweater with holes in ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates