Clink, clank, clunk. One dollar and ten cents earns me a solid two hundred calories worth of almonds at the rest area vending machine on the side of I-95 half way between Jed’s hospital and my home. If I eat them ponderously, one at a time, this enough to keep me awake for the remaining 76 miles to home. Words fail to express the thorough disgust dripping from my stare that reflects back to me in the vending machine glass door as the blue bag of almonds dangle in midair, provokingly refusing to fall. The only thing worse than an uncooperative falling bag of almonds, is the insolence of a machine that plunks the wrong item down into the tray. Dear machine, we had a deal, I put in the money. You give me what I want. You flubbed. Try harder next time. Thanks. My phone dinged, and the text … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- How to make wood bookends from salvaged materials I have a thing about books....like the actual paper page, ...
- Butterfly Spring Wreath A house's front door is the sort of the mouth ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates