Welcome back to part 2 of sewing a little girl’s basic shift dress! (see part 1 HERE) I don’t actually think it’s possible for the big girl to make a semi-normal looking face whilst I try vainly for a decent picture. Ah well, at least she’s a willing and happy participant…unlike another little girl I could mention. Anyway, our last post was all about how to make the pattern for this dress, and today we’re going to put it all together. I wanted a full length dress for the miss, so I laid the pattern on the fold, and continued the lines to the desired length. I cut out both the front and the back, but I kept the scraps from cutting out the necks. This is my shortcut method for making a facing. You could certainly just put this together as normal, skipping the facings, and hem all the … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- How to Sew an Easy Yoga Style Waistband I have an old, over sized sweater with holes in ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates