The big girl is out of school for the summer, which means there are sprinklers to play in, bubbles to blow, little sisters to fight, art projects to smear on the floor, Frozen reenactments to perform, and cockroaches to face. Oh yes. Cockroaches. One cockroach to be exact. One disgusting little beast, the unlucky casualty of the latest bug man visit, breathing it’s last on the bathroom floor. Here it was discovered, and I, knowing that it was mostly dead, assured the concerned party that I would sweep it up momentarily. Being the practical mommy I am, I ordered she ignore the bug, and use the bathroom immediately before making a puddle on the floor. But then. The evil cockroach did the unthinkable. It waved an antenna. This was too much. The panicked child fled with shrieks as lusty as a five year old can possibly produce, and refused under any circumstances … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- How to paint without using painter’s tape So, you've got a wall to paint. Would you like ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
- My Vending Machine is Broken September 22, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates