Writing about this room makeover makes me immensely happy. It doesn’t make me happy just because I think it’s adorable, which I do, and not just because the little girls love it, which they do…but because this room is the halfway point. Eight months into our remodel, and six rooms down, we are well on the way to getting some fresh zest back into a very unfresh old house. I now actually feel like it can be done. You can’t think what an immense relief that is to my mind. It’s much the same feeling you get when you’re running, and you’re basically just focused on not having a stroke or tripping over your own two feet….and then suddenly you realize you’ve finished the hardest part, and you just might live to see another day after all. It’s a terribly gratifying sort of feeling, you know? This room makeover … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- To my unborn baby (with a potentially fatal diagnosis) Dear baby Jed, First off, I should begin by explaining that ...
- Using a Paint Brush Extender I completely understand that it's Christmas...and I should be discussing ...
- Fall Sweater Refashion – Make a long sweater from a… I'm a total baby about two things. One, being cold. ...
- Thumbtack Pumpkin Art Do you know why jack-o-lanterns never quarrel? Because they have ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates