I quite like a thing which can do two jobs at once. Lined curtains are handy like that. They add the finishing touch of a curtain, and when closed, they can keep out the sun just like a window blind. The little girls’ room window needed curtains for cuteness and for privacy. I made this set for about $8, much much cheaper than buying a set. (They are totally cuter than store bought ones too!) To make your own, you need to measure how long you want them (add 2 inches), and how wide (add one inch). You need a fabric for the outside ( the side that shows) and a fabric for the lining. Cut your fabric into rectangles, put the wrong sides together. Sew all the way around the edges…BUT you need to leave 3 inches on both sides un-sewn. The will be your curtain rod holes. I … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- How to paint without using painter’s tape So, you've got a wall to paint. Would you like ...
- How to Sew an Easy Yoga Style Waistband I have an old, over sized sweater with holes in ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates