Red shirts glittered and hair bows sparkled on bright eyed little girls. Short little men in plaid shirts and bright sweaters wiggled impatiently on the stairs of the church auditorium. The music swelled and one solitary sweet voice sang, “Happy birthday, Jesus, I’m so glad it’s Christmas, all the tinsel and lights, and the presents are nice, but the real gift is You.” The elderly lady sitting next to me reached over and patted my knee. With eyes shining with pride she whispered excitedly, “That’s my great grandson singing!” She didn’t know me, I didn’t know her, but what did that matter? We smiled at each other, and settled back to listen to the childlike voice settling gently over the crowd. I couldn’t help it, but her simple, spontaneous gesture of delight in someone she loved brought a deep pang to my heart. In one brief second I saw myself, … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- How to make wood bookends from salvaged materials I have a thing about books....like the actual paper page, ...
- Butterfly Spring Wreath A house's front door is the sort of the mouth ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates