You know what will guarantee a remodel to take way longer than it should? Take a guess. Budget? Labor? Earthquakes? Bug infestations? All very valid guesses. The answer is furniture. I would recommend to all persons anxious to spend staggering amounts of time working on a house, to not complicate matters by investing in copious amounts of homeless furniture that also needs to be re-done. Not that I would know. Because I totally follow my own advise. Always. See this dresser for instance, it’s not technically an investment because I got it for free. Poor little dear. I can’t say no to free furniture. It’s like turning away a puppy. Who has the heart to do that?? ( I can say that because my kids aren’t old enough to read this blog or kidnap stray animals. I reserve the right to change my opinions on puppies at a later date.) … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- How to paint without using painter’s tape So, you've got a wall to paint. Would you like ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
- My Vending Machine is Broken September 22, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates