If I had to rank all the rooms in my house for which room was the most offensive when we purchased it, the kitchen would take first place. The upstairs bath with its green sinks and rotting shower would take second. The living room would come in at a close third, with its (former) red carpet and pink brick, but more on all that later. Today, we are addressing the kitchen. Hands down, the most formidable project I have ever undertaken. Someday I’m going to write a post on the top ten things I’ve learned about house remodels. Numbers one through ten will be “expect everything to take longer than you thought, be more difficult than you thought, and to cost more than you thought.” Then, when I’m done with that post, I’m going to write one about what to expect from old houses. Things like petrified contact papered shelves, … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- How to make wood bookends from salvaged materials I have a thing about books....like the actual paper page, ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- The little crates that could This is the very first project I did for this ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates