Canoeing is right at the tippy top of my list of favorite things to do. Nothing beats sliding through the water on a hot summer day to the tune of splashing paddles and the lap of water. I’ve canoed on lakes, bays and rivers and I can tell you this much. I would heaps rather paddle down a river than up a river. The peaceful outdoor adventure of a leisurely downstream float takes on more of the look of a focused effort not to have a stroke on the return trip upstream. Forget looking at the birds and feeling the breeze, you won’t even feel your arms much less a breeze! Paddling upstream in a stiff current is no joke, and takes a ton of focus and energy. Seasons in life ebb and flow a lot like currents. Sometimes we find ourselves in an upstream situation so absorbed in nothing more than the effort to move forward, … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- To my unborn baby (with a potentially fatal diagnosis) Dear baby Jed, First off, I should begin by explaining that ...
- Using a Paint Brush Extender I completely understand that it's Christmas...and I should be discussing ...
- Fall Sweater Refashion – Make a long sweater from a… I'm a total baby about two things. One, being cold. ...
- Thumbtack Pumpkin Art Do you know why jack-o-lanterns never quarrel? Because they have ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates