Do you know how to read a measuring tape? Do you know how to draw a straight line? Can you apply mild pressure with you foot? You can make this skirt! If I’ve heard it once, I’ve heard it a thousand times…”I wish I could make stuff for myself to wear, you are so lucky.” Wishing never got anybody anything as far as I can tell, but trying certainly has! You can make yourself a really, really easy A-line skirt with some very basic sewing skills…as in, if you can make the machine go, you have plenty of skills to make yourself a skirt. You can make them long, you can make them short, you can make them flowy, you can make them straight…it does not matter. Grab some knit fabric and give one a try! I used some fabulous gold knit, which has a lovely little sparkle that doesn’t … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- When God doesn’t listen Today I am feeling grateful. Grateful for a working vehicle. ...
- Painting Interior Doors Black – Why I chose to do it Doors are pretty average things in a house, and so ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates