This poem I’m sharing today reminds me of my dad. He memorized it, and used to quote it to us kids often…with much eye rolling, huffing, and puffing on our part I might add! Quitting just wasn’t an option in our house, you had to try, and then try again. While it’s one thing to learn not to quit when it comes to chores and what not, it’s quite another when it comes larger matters. We all have something that taunts us into quitting. “The thing” that says, just quit, I’m not worth this much trouble, stop trying so hard. It hands you “reasons”…you’ve got no money so you can’t do it, you aren’t talented enough so why try, that person will never change so why bother, nobody else thinks you can so why should you, you aren’t pretty enough so give up, you aren’t worth anything so stop trying, … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- The little crates that could This is the very first project I did for this ...
- Butterfly Spring Wreath A house's front door is the sort of the mouth ...
- How to make wood bookends from salvaged materials I have a thing about books....like the actual paper page, ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates