The next time I open my big mouth and say that some such painting project will be quick and easy…someone, please, be a dear and kick me. Why I thought painting a million billion skinny spindles and keeping my kids dirty feet off stairs long enough for paint to dry was going to be easy or fast is quite beyond me. Although the actual work time was a tad disappointing (hmmm or down right depressing as the case may be), the outcome was anything but that! They turned out exactly how I wanted! I’m pretty much in love in with them. If you happened to read my original post about these stairs, you might have noticed I actually didn’t stick to my plan for this project. I was going to do something on the risers, like wood appliques or something along those lines to fancy them up a tad. I … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- How to paint without using painter’s tape So, you've got a wall to paint. Would you like ...
- Painting Interior Doors Black – Why I chose to do it Doors are pretty average things in a house, and so ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates