To try and summarize Jed’s first year of life would exhaust a much more proficient writer than I. Any year that begins with “not expected to survive” and ends with stage three liver cancer is bound to be a tad incredible. This boy doesn’t believe in mediocrity, I’ll give him that much! I’ve been wracking my brain to think how to do justice to the time that began with me writing this letter to Jed before he was born, to where we stand now. And I totally give up. There is just no good way to explain how thousands of rides up the elevator to the eighth floor of a children’s hospital will profoundly change a person. Or how a little boy with impossibly fat cheeks who yells and grins and breaks every medical rule in the book can melt his way into hundreds of hearts. How a year ago, … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- Bathroom plans and inspiration If you walk up my freshly painted black and white ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- A Step in the Right Direction – The Great Staircase… The next time I open my big mouth and say ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates