The Christmas season is just a prime time for needing to freshen the clothing situation for the family. There’s extra events to attend, Christmas pictures to take, cards to send out, and little people’s growth spurts to contend with. I chose to tackle this problem by delving into my overflowing fabric stash for some quick dresses for the girlies. I used the tunic top for girls tutorial I posted HERE, and simply added to the length. You can use that tutorial, or a pattern you already have, and simply switch up the look of it by changing the sleeves. I left one dress sleeveless and added a gathered sleeve to the other. Here’s how I used a regular sleeve pattern to make a gathered sleeve. I laid the pattern on the fold, at a diagonal. I left about an inch and a half gap at the top, and finished off … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- To my unborn baby (with a potentially fatal diagnosis) Dear baby Jed, First off, I should begin by explaining that ...
- Using a Paint Brush Extender I completely understand that it's Christmas...and I should be discussing ...
- Fall Sweater Refashion – Make a long sweater from a… I'm a total baby about two things. One, being cold. ...
- Thumbtack Pumpkin Art Do you know why jack-o-lanterns never quarrel? Because they have ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates