I think the absolute hugest improvement we’ve made to this house wasn’t the AC, or electrical, or working appliances, or paint, or the cleaning…it was the lights. I had no idea I loved lights so much…until we moved into a house that didn’t have them! Was it socially unaccepted in the 50′s to have lights in a house? Maybe they worked night shift and wanted the house to be dark. Or maybe they had a secret desire to dwell underground. With wood from ceiling to floor, and the very fewest, most dim amount of lights imaginable, this place was an utter cave. I wore one of those ridiculously nerdy headlamp lights on my forehead for the first two months just so I could see what I was doing! (Is it any wonder I went on a white wall painting rampage? I think not!) Lights hit the home improvement budget right … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- Butterfly Spring Wreath A house's front door is the sort of the mouth ...
- Bathroom plans and inspiration If you walk up my freshly painted black and white ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- How to make wood bookends from salvaged materials I have a thing about books....like the actual paper page, ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates