A house’s front door is the sort of the mouth of the house. It’s either smiling or glowering at people. Some people’s front porches around here make me want to knock on the door and ask to pay a quarter to see the rest of the house. I’m kind of noisy like that. When I see blooming wreaths, old benches topped and fluffed with cheery shades of yellow and green, rusty antiques artfully displayed in flower beds, and window boxes exploding with flowers…I just know if the outside is that good, the inside has got be amazing. My front door, well, let’s just say, it is sort of like the fourteen year old tom-girl who just discovered lipstick and curling irons. You can tell she’s trying, and you feel like patting her on the back just to encourage her. You sort of want to tell her she’ll be a lady … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- What will happen if you paint brick? It will look pretty, that's what! Brick inside a house ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
- My Vending Machine is Broken September 22, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates