Not everything in life always falls neatly into the land of normal. Mostly, I think “normal” changes by the day. If you have kids for instance, saying things like “Keep your fingers out of sister’s ears” and “Don’t lick the floor” becomes pretty normal. (Really?? Did I ever think that would ever even be something I needed to clarify? No, I did not.) And then there’s the whole matter of curtain rod shopping. Because, obviously, one can’t simply do the easy thing, and run out to Walmart for one. That would be entirely too normal. I prefer stellar looking establishments such as this, where death by a stair parts avalanche is a distinct possibility. If you happen to be so foolish as to bring your overly energetic offspring with you, be prepared to keep a death grip on them, and endure gracefully any odd glances you might receive. Apparently mothers … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- How to make wood bookends from salvaged materials I have a thing about books....like the actual paper page, ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- The little crates that could This is the very first project I did for this ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Compassion is inconvenient June 29, 2018
- I can be a mom, but I cannot be a Savior May 10, 2018
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates