I almost always avoid the topic of my two tubie kids in passing conversations if I can possibly help it. (Official definition of a tubie: kids with feeding tubes. In this blog this term shall herafter refer to kids with feeding tubes, trachs, ET tubes, IVs, dialysis catheters, or any other type of tube that I don’t know about yet.) Sometimes the topic just comes up naturally. Sometimes it’s purely out of my control, like when someone (usually a cashier or some such person) makes the innocent mistake of calling my four year old the baby sister. Which typically then results in an indignant five minute monologue from the offended little lady of just why she is not the baby sister. That usually leaves me to sputter a hasty explanation to the now embarrassed individual, or just smile blandly as I make my exit and leave them to wonder whatever they like. … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- 10 Month Check Up It's a good question. I hear it pretty frequently. I ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- All the details of the guest room makeover Since I got a little carried away yesterday showing room ...
- What will happen if you paint brick? It will look pretty, that's what! Brick inside a house ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
- Jed. The best is yet to be. October 13, 2017
- My Vending Machine is Broken September 22, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates