I almost always avoid the topic of my two tubie kids in passing conversations if I can possibly help it. (Official definition of a tubie: kids with feeding tubes. In this blog this term shall herafter refer to kids with feeding tubes, trachs, ET tubes, IVs, dialysis catheters, or any other type of tube that I don’t know about yet.) Sometimes the topic just comes up naturally. Sometimes it’s purely out of my control, like when someone (usually a cashier or some such person) makes the innocent mistake of calling my four year old the baby sister. Which typically then results in an indignant five minute monologue from the offended little lady of just why she is not the baby sister. That usually leaves me to sputter a hasty explanation to the now embarrassed individual, or just smile blandly as I make my exit and leave them to wonder whatever they like. … Continue reading
Looking for something?
Welcome to chapter37! I'm Abby, the face behind the blog, and I'm so glad you are here! I call myself mom to four beautiful stories being written...two typical girls full of sparkles and giggles, one former preemie winning her battles one at a time, and a little man living life with gusto despite kidney failure and liver cancer. I write about the kids, the house, and all the mess in between. I hold the opinion that anything in life can be handled with God, a paint brush and a healthy sense of humor!
Follow the 2 Tubies Tough on Facebook
- No Pain, No Gain – The Kitchen Remodel (Part 1) If I had to rank all the rooms in my ...
- How to paint without using painter’s tape So, you've got a wall to paint. Would you like ...
- Painting Interior Doors Black – Why I chose to do it Doors are pretty average things in a house, and so ...
- Everything you ever wanted to know about painting wood… I've been getting a lot of questions about painting wood ...
- Signs of the times with old cabinet doors Oh dear. We are back at it again with a ...
Catch up on what you missed!
- Use it rather April 11, 2018
- I’ve had all I can take! March 7, 2018
- Dear Senator, Please stop using my children as your excuse February 7, 2018
- Nothing will be Lost January 2, 2018
- I Will Fear No Evil November 8, 2017
Find us on Google Plus
Get it hot off the press!Enter your email to subscribe to future updates